In the Q3 2021 edition of our quarterly Economic Indicator Report, we see continued positive job listing growth, though other indicators show the labor market is clearly still grappling with the lingering effects of the pandemic.
- Active job listings were up 11.45%
- 76% of states saw job listings grow over 10%
- 54% of MSAs decreased their job market diversification
- Volatility plateaued, following a consistent rise earlier in the year
- Job demand increased over the quarter as well–likely a nod to employers’ ongoing struggle to fill jobs, rather than the economic growth such an increase typically signifies
LinkUp job reports provide a unique and detailed view of labor market demand. Download this full report to see all the Q3 2021 data—job counts, quarter-over-quarter change, occupational and job market diversification changes, and additional maps!